4 Module – 200hr Yoga alliance Teacher training course
January 1 @ 4:30 pm - December 31 @ 7:00 pm SAST
Four part 50hr Modules
Venue – 12, 7th Ave, Parktown North / Online
Accessible online and/or in studio. Studio is located in Parktown North, Johannesburg. All Covid-19 safety protocols will be adhered to. Modules 1-3 can be completed in any order but you must have a minimum of 150hr TTC before completing the 4th and final module.
Times – Tuesday evenings 430pm-7pm
Over the course of 2021, I will be running a 200hr TTC course, but in 50hr modules.
Each module will have written assignments and micro lessons or mini practical teaching demos where appropriate.
You can expect guest lecturers such as Physiotherapists, voice coaches and international teachers online for some of the practical sessions.
Why four part modules ?
- This way you can pace yourself and you don’t need to feel over committed.
- The unpredictability regarding the current levels and restrictions of Covid-19 need not immediately effect the practical components
- It gives you the opportunity to mix and match different modules
- If you are an existing teacher, you might wish to revise or focus more in depth on certain modules as refresher options
All of the courses are fully accredited with Yoga Alliance international. The TTC is Hatha based but will also cover basic principles of Vinyasa sequencing.
Yoga Alliance International South Africa – Theresa Moodie
The first module started on Tuesday 26th, 2021. It will run for 8weeks, we will take a 2 week break before resuming the second module.
Theory, history and philosophy of Yoga with Yoga Nidra and meditation. Further topics include :
- Different styles of Yoga and their relevance
- Unpacking Ancient Yoga texts
- Why Yoga shouldn’t be confused as a religion
- Patanjali’s Yoga sutras
- Yoga as a lifestyle
- Misconceptions of Yoga
- The practice of Yoga Nidra
- Introduction to Meditation
- Understanding traditional Yoga and its development
Assessments will include a book review and a practical teaching of a Yoga Nidra.
This follow on module covers more practical teaching components and will also run over an 8 week period.
- Pawanamuktasana and the Asanas (strong practical component)
- The art of sequencing
- Pranayama – breathing techniques
- Introduction to Sanskrit.
- Introduction to Ayurvedic principles.
Assessments will include a written paper on any topic of your choice within the practice of Ayurveda. Teaching a micro lesson of pranayama and pawanamuktasana series.
This module is of particular interest to me. Most Yoga teacher training courses offer only 20hrs of Applied Anatomy. This structure covers 30hrs while including an understanding and exploration of the overlaps between the subtle bodies. Once again following an 8 week schedule with one Saturday workshop.
Parts of this module will be live lectures online/in the studio in combination with prerecorded workshops.
- Anatomy of the physical and Subtle bodies.
- Strong theoretical component for Anatomy of skeletal system, muscular system, breathing mechanics and the joints in detail
- Introduction to the Chakra systems
- Pancha Kosha model,
- The Prana bodies
- Introduction to Mudras
- How to integrate the two systems
- The spinal column, brain and the nervous system
- Prevention and understanding of common injuries
There will be tests for each anatomy module. You will be required to hand in a written assignment on either the chakra system, Prana bodies or Pancha Kosha model. We will also explore a practical assessment of teaching selected poses with modified variations.
In this final module we will bring all of the content together. Lectures will focus on strong practical components and theoretical revision. With information on Yoga for specific populations and/or contraindications. Included is a module on how to find your unique teacher’s voice and preferred style of teaching.
You will be required to teach a 60min Hatha Class with a theme of your choice.
The cost per module is R 5800, with a 10% discount for any continued modules.
Additional/alternative modules available over the year :
For more information please email me : firstname.lastname@example.org